Injured In A Truck Accident? We Can Help!
Albuquerque Truck Accident Lawyer
If your passenger car collides with a massive, 80,000-pound tractor-trailer, your life may change in an instant.
You may suffer devastating injuries or face the tragic loss of a loved one. You will want answers and compensation for all of the harm that you have suffered.
As you move forward, you can turn to the experienced Albuquerque truck accident lawyer of Brent M. Ferrel, for the help you will need. We know how truck accidents are different than other types of crashes, and we know what it takes to seek the maximum recovery for our clients.
Due to the many challenging factual, legal and insurance issues that truck accidents present, we will need to start work on your case right away. Get help today. Call or reach us online to discuss your case in a free consultation.
Who Can You Sue After A Truck Crash?
In your case, we will investigate whether the truck driver’s careless or reckless conduct played a role in your crash. As we have seen, driver error frequently causes tractor-trailer accidents in Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico. Some examples of truck driver negligence include:
- Speeding, tailgating and other forms of aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued (or in violation of hours-of-service rules that limit the number of hours a driver can be on the road)
- Failing to keep in the proper lane.
Many trucking operations use third-party vendors. If one of these parties acted negligently, they could be responsible for your damages. Employment agencies, brokers, cargo shippers, loaders and mechanics are examples of third-party vendors.
If a defective truck or truck part contributed to your accident, you may be eligible to sue the manufacturer and others in the distribution chain. Many crashes can be traced to:
- Brake problems
- Defective tires
- Steering column defects
- Wheel roll-offs
- Insufficient underride protection
- Defective couplings and hitches
- Flawed hydraulic systems.
Additionally, our legal team will look at whether a state or federal government agency or its contractors committed wrongdoing that caused your crash. For example, the agency may have failed to properly design or maintain roads.
What Damages Can You Recover For Your Injuries?
Many truck accident victims and their families are concerned about paying for medical treatment. We understand how these crashes typically cause severe injuries. We will pursue compensation that includes:
- Past and future medical expenses – All medical costs related to your accident, including emergency treatment, surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, assistive devices, and medication.
- Lost income and diminished future earning capacity – All of the wages you have lost and will lose in the future due to your injuries, including benefits, bonuses, commissions, and self-employment income.
- Pain and suffering – The physical pain and emotional anguish you have endured to date and will likely experience in the future. For instance, you may have lingering back pain that prevents you from enjoying life as you did before the crash. You may also experience post-traumatic stress disorder due to the horrific nature of the accident.
- Scarring and disfigurement – A crash may cause you to lose a limb or suffer severe scars due to cuts and burns. You have the right to seek just compensation for such harm.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Site Credits: Albuquerque Web Design
Hours Of Operation
Monday through Friday
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.